Recently I’ve bought myself a Chinese MHZS CD33F tube CD-player which was in working condition, except for the remote. The remote was already taken apart and the CD-player itself had already been modified by the previous owner. This modification was based on several articles found on the internet.
What he intended to do was the following (if I can recall it all):
- Replaced the output electrolytic capacitors with 10uF ClarityCap film capacitors
- Remove the opamp and bypassed it
- Removed the electrolytic capacitors in the audio path between DAC and opamp/tubes.
- Removed blue LEDs underneath the tubes
- Changed a few resistors to compensate for the absense of the opamp
Despite his pretty low level of knowledge and skills he actually did manage to modify the CD-player and it was working! Unfortunately it was not the best attempt of modifying a CD-player, that I will show you further on this page.Read more MHZS CD33F Modified Tube CD-player (recap/remod)